Monday 14 June 2010

I always enjoy a Jewish wedding. Having children in cheder is great and Bar Mitzvahs and Bat mitzvahs are even greater but the greatest chance of survival of the Jewish family is when they marry ‘kedat moshe veyisroel’ – ‘according to the law of Moses and Israel’. Add to that when the individuals are people whom one has known for some time but are not members of the Sheffield community per say then there is something very gratifying when one is asked to perform the marriage ceremony.

Mark Saunders came to Sheffield some years ago as part of the management of William Hill. Being a traditional Jew he sought out the community and we became friends and shared many Shabbat and festivals meals together. After a while he moved offices down to London but we stayed in contact. About a year and half ago Sharna appeared from South Africa and things were looking hopeful. Soon they were engaged and they both came up to spend weekends with us and discuss wedding matters. During this time we got to know the lovely Sharna as well which was important to me as I like to know the people that I am marrying. Last Bank Holiday weekend they were married at The Pines Hotel near Chorley. We wish them both every blessing and may they go on to build a bayit ne’eman beyisrael a faithful house in Israel.

By they way present at the same wedding and probably checking out what's what was Saul Kaufman and his fiance Anna. Some of you may remember Saul as he studied medicine at Sheffield University and is now a GP. They are due to get married please G-d next year.

2 comments:

  1. I remember Saul as a student. I'm pleased to see he is dong so well and is getting married.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! This is something I‘ve been searching for a while. I am thankful to you for writing this article. I must say you are a wonderful blogger. I hope, I would read one of your another post soon! Medical weight loss new mexico Luma Kai hCG is a unique International online program designed to help you meet your Medical weight loss center New Mexico, Fast weight loss diet chart in the privacy of your own home.

    ReplyDelete